2007-04-07

Ketchup

... or catch up. Let's get up to date.

So the last major thing I talked about working on was the animation system and fixing the Blender exporter so that it exported proper DirectX files. Both of which I can proudly say are finished. Though I've had to return to the Blender exporter many times because it just doesn't work very well.

Once I finished the animation system I figured it was time to get some meshes for it to work with. So I then proceeded to implement a mesh system in the engine. There was some more work with the Blender exporter to get the mesh data exporting properly. I spent a lot of time writing tools to generate the binary files used by the engine. I ended up using Rex which is a Ruby version of Lex to scan the X file. I'm happy to say that I now have skinned and animated meshes in the engine. Still some small bugs but for the most part its complete and works as desired.

For now I've left that part of the engine alone and started on what I call the Layer Manager. It's a 2D system for handling overlays and menus. I'm still working on that system but it's coming along. I'll explain it in more detail in my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home